How to Capture Screenshot on Mac | Mesotheliomahubz.com
Hey, Welcome to my blog. Today in this blog i am going to tell you that how to capture screenshot on Mac. As we know that it’s very commonly known that how to take screenshot in windows but in Mac people think that it’s difficult to take screenshots but today i am here to ease your difficulty. So, I advice you to read the blog till the end to find out various different methods of ” How to capture screenshot on mac “.
Keyboard Shortcuts to Capture Screenshot on mac
It will capture a screenshot of entire screen.
This command turns the curser into selector and lets you select the specific area wanted to be screenshoted. Press the mouse or touchpad click button and keep selecting the area you want to take screenshots of and after selection, just release the click button and you will get the screenshot of your selected area.
3. Command-Shift-4, then space bar, then click on a window
Pressing spacebar turns the crosshair/selector into a small camera icon, to which you can navigate over any desired open window. Just Click on your required window to take its screenshot. If you capture a screenshot by using this method then it will feature a white border around the window and also a bit of a shadow.
Markup, share, and save
After taking the screenshot, a thumbnail of the screenshot will be appeared at lower-right corner of the system screen.
- Control-click the thumbnail to avail more options. e.g, We can change the saving location, the screenshot can be opened in an other app, or it can also be deleted without saving .
- Swipe the thumbnail to the right or take no action and the taken screenshot will be saved automaticallly with default settings.
- Just Click on thumbnail to open the captured screenshot. You can further also edit it using the available markup tools , or by clicking to share the screenshot.
- For moving the screenshot to any other desired location Drag the thumbnail , such as to trash, an email, a document etc etc.
Changing the settings
Click on the Options in onscreen controls for changing these settings:
- Save to: Choose where you want your screenshots to be saved automatically. For example, Documents, Desktop or Clipboard etc.
- Timer: Choose when you want to take the screenshot: after 5 seconds, or 10 seconds after you click the command for capturing.
- Show Floating Thumbnail: Choose whether you want to show the thumbnail.
- Remember Last Selection: Choose as default to the selections you used during the last time while using this tool.
- Show Mouse Pointer: Choose , if you want to show the mouse pointer in the captured screenshot.
Or use other screenshot shortcuts
You do not specially need macOS Mojave for using these shortcuts, though they do work perfectly in Mojave as well.
Capturing the entire screen
Press Shift-Command-3, then you will be able to find the screenshot as a .png file on your desktop screen.
Capturing a window
- Click the Shift-Command-4.
- Hit the Space bar. The pointer will change into a small camera icon .
- Click the window which you want to be captured.
- If you want to exclude the window’s shadow from the captured screenshot, press and keep hold the Option (⌥) key while clicking.
- You will get the screenshot as a .png file on your desktop screen.
Capturing a selected portion of the screen
- Click Shift-Command-4.
- Drag it & select the area of the screen which you want to be captured.For moving the entire selection, press and keep held the Space bar while dragging it.
- After releasing the mouse or trackpad button, you will be able to find the screenshot as a .png file on your desktop.
Capturing a menu
- Click on the menu for revealing its contents.
- Press the Shift-Command-4.
- Drag it for selecting the area of the menu which you want to be captured, then release the mouse or trackpad button to capture that selected area.
- Or Hit the Space bar to change the pointer to a small camera icon , then click the selected menu to capture it.
- Now, you will be able to find this screenshot as a .png file on your desktop.
Capturing the Touch Bar
If you are having a Mac with a touch bar , then press the Shift-Command-6 to capture the current display on the Touch Bar. Now you can find the screenshot as a .png file on your desktop screen.
- While saving the captured screenshot automatically, the Mac will use the name of screenshot as ”Screen Shot date at time.png”.
- For cancelling from taking a screenshot, press the Esc (Escape) key before clicking it for capturing.
- For storing the screenshot in the Clipboard instead of saving the screenshot on desktop, Press and hold the Control key while clicking to capture.
- The screenshots can be Previewed, with Safari, and some other apps which can be used to edit or view images. Preview also lets you to export to a different format, for example as JPEG, PDF, or TIFF etc.
- Some apps, such as DVD Player, might prevent you and not let you take the screenshots of their displayed windows due to security reasons.